Friday, August 1, 2014

In the Beginning

And so it begins.

I've blogged before; it didn't last.  The last post on my old blog (okay Livejournal don't judge) is about fighting Magtheridon in a progression raid, so anyone with World of Warcraft experience can gauge based on that how long it's been.

I have things to say though, and I feel like at least some of them are actually worthwhile and interesting.  So with the coming of Blaugust, I've decided it's time to give it another try.  I can't promise this will last; I can't promise my words will be brilliant.  But I'm going to write, and perhaps some people will think it's worth reading.

Part of my problem in the past, I think, is that I've been concerned about having a 'type' of blog, or only writing when I have something I think is really useful to say.  My tendency to self-censor is pretty high, so mostly that leads me to just say nothing.  Thus the blog lies fallow, and I'm less and less likely to come back to it.  So this time around, I write about whatever I think is worth saying without worrying about a theme or whether I might do a dumb.  Maybe a theme will arise on it's own.  Maybe I'll just post an eclectic mish-mash of randomness and drive readers crazy.  It'll be an adventure!

So who am I?  I am Thalen Firebeard, sometimes aka Frelghra.  I am PC gamer and comic-book collector.  I am tabletop gamer and book reader.  I am programmer and system administrator; and I am Barrel-rider.  Over the next month, and hopefully longer, you can expect me to write about the modern and the old, about the popular and the obscure.  Most importantly, you can expect me to write about what I like.  Hopefully you'll like some of it too.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely start :) Whatever you end up saying will be interesting to at least one person. There is no way of pleasing everybody anyway. So, write whatever you want :D I am ��

    ReplyDelete