Friday, August 29, 2014

Adventures in Eorzea


Final Fantasy XIV has continued to be my primary gaming pastime this week, to the point that I'm fairly certain I'll be resubscribing once the free period is done.  Since I last mentioned it here, I've reached Coerthas and am level 37 in my bard job.  Most of my time has actually been spent on crafting and gathering classes, completing the Grand Company delivery jobs each day.  I need to work on pugilist and lancer some more so I can unlock more bard-usable actions.


Presumably I'll be getting to the next required dungeon in the story questline before much longer.  Hopefully I'll be able to get some guildmates to run it with me.  I'm also looking forward to being able to purchase a private room in our guild house.  It'll be difficult not to immediately bankrupt myself once I have enough cash for it.

I can't say for certain whether FFXIV will hold me long-term or not.  I don't seem to have been able to maintain interest in a single game for more than a couple months since I left WoW last year.  But we seem to have a good guild presence in game, which helps a lot, and I'm definitely enjoying it for now.  Ultimately, that's what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment